AIB 2015 Annual Meeting
June 27-30, 2015
The following awards are offered by AIB in relation to the annual conference. Each year, there are also be additional awards being offered by organizations affiliated with AIB.
- Temple/AIB Best Paper Award
- Haynes Prize
- Best Reviewer Award
- Additional Awards offered at AIB Conference by Affiliated Organizations
Temple/AIB Best Paper Award
Sponsored by Temple University's Fox School of Business
In 2002, Temple University's Fox School of Business kindly agreed to endow an award for the best paper at the AIB annual meetings. All of the accepted papers are eligible for the award. The finalists are nominated by the program chair, track chairs and reviewers. The Best Paper Award committee reviews the finalist papers to choose the winning paper and the first runner-up. The winner, announced at the Awards Session on the last day of the conference, receives a plaque and a US$1000 award.
The Academy of International Business Foundation and the Eldridge Haynes Memorial Trust award the Haynes Prize for Best Paper. The winning paper must have been accepted for presentation at the AIB conference through the double-blind-review process, and have been written by an author or authors under 40 years of age. The winner is selected by the AIB Best Paper Selection Committee. The author receives a plaque and a US$1000 award at the awards session on the last day of the conference.
Best Reviewer Award
The Academy of International Business also recognizes the contributions that our reviewers make in putting together a quality program and, as a result, a successful conference. In recognition of these contributions, each year, the Program Committee (the Program Chair and Track Chairs) identify those reviewers that have gone above and beyond the duty of reviewing manuscripts for the conference in providing quality, constructive feedback to the authors. The recipient(s) of the Best Reviewer Award receive a certificate of recognition are also recognized at the Conference Program as well as during the Awards Session on the last day of the conference.
Additional Awards offered at AIB Conference
A variety of other awards will be offered by organizations affiliated with AIB at the 2015 Bengaluru Conference.
- The SSE/WAIB Award for Increased Gender Awareness in International Business Research
- To be eligible, papers must be accepted for presentation at the 2015 AIB meeting, and must be increasing gender awareness in international business (for example by applying gender perspectives, by using gender as a category for analysis, or by incorporating gender as a variable). To be considered, you must apply by filling out an application form available on the WAIB website). Application deadline is April 10, 2015. The winning paper is announced at the WAIB business meeting scheduled in AIB's conference program and permanent recognition is given on the SSE and WAIB websites.
- Aalto University School of Economics "That's Interesting!" Award
- Sponsored by Aalto University School of Business, this award recognizes the conference paper that most effectively pushes the boundaries of our existing knowledge in the field by crossing boundaries, challenging taken-for-granted assumptions in the field, denying old "truths", attracting the reader's attention, and making an original argument. The author(s) of the winning manuscript will receive a plaque and a cash award at a Coffee Break sponsored by Aalto University School of Business at the conference.
- Bryant University Best Paper Award in Emerging Economies Research
- Sponsored by the International Business program at Bryant University, this award is given to the best paper accepted to a competitive session at the AIB Annual Meeting with a research focus on Emerging Economies. The author(s) of the winning manuscript will receive a certificate and a cash award at a Coffee Break sponsored by Bryant University at the conference.