As a professional organization with the pursuit of knowledge and education as its primary aims, AIB must ensure trust and confidence in its membership through self-regulation that is consistent with scientific integrity and universally recognized ethical norms.
AIB must also ensure that its members are treated ethically in the context of AIB matters, activities, and structures.
In this spirit, AIB has developed a number of Ethics Codes to outline the ethical standards of professional conduct and procedures for handling violations of those standards:
- Procedure for Handling Ethical Complaints - Procedure document explaining how ethics complaints received by AIB will be processed.
- File an Ethics Complaint - Form that AIB members can use to file ethics complaints. These will be handled based on the procedure outlined above.
Ethics Policy Commitee (EPC)
The EPC is responsible for implementation, interpretation, advice, communication, review, and updating of the ethics codes. Current members of the committee are:
- Denis Arnold, University of North Carolina Charlotte (Chair)
- JT Li, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Anne Tsui, University of Notre Dame
- Rosalie Tung, Simon Fraser University
- Alain Verbeke, University of Calgary
- Ex Officio Members: AIB Managing Director and AIB President (or delegate)
Ethics Review Commitee (ERC)
ERC is responsible for dispute resolution and enforcement of the codes. Current members of the committee are:
- Paul Vaaler, University of Minnesota (Chair)
- Tatiana Kostova, University of South Carolina
- Bodo Schlegelmilch, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Ex Officio Member: AIB Managing Director