Download AIB Mission-Vision-Values Statements in PDF Form
MISSION (AIB's Fundamental Purpose - What We Do)
We create, nurture, and empower a global community of scholars focused on creating, advancing, and disseminating knowledge in international business research, education, policy, and practice.
VISION (AIB's Long-Term Goal - Where We Want to Go)
To contribute to a more prosperous, just, and sustainable world by fostering a global, collaborative community of international business scholars, educators, and decision-makers.
VALUES (AIB's Core Values - What we Share and Practice)
The following values guide our mission and vision for the future:
- Internationalization: We believe in promoting openness in borders, ideas, and cultures. Knowledge and awareness of global, regional, cross-border, and cross-cultural issues can be best achieved through actively fostering international collaborations, open-mindedness, and global understanding.
- Excellence: We pursue the highest possible professional and scientific standards in our research, education, and professional lives, including an unwavering commitment to transparency, verifiability, rigor, and relevance in our research. We are dedicated to nurturing the creation, advancement, and dissemination of state-of-the-art knowledge.
- Intellectual freedom: We are committed to freedom of inquiry and expression in our research, education, and professional lives. We believe in free expression and exchange of ideas and evidence-based recommendations, including the right to seek, receive, and share knowledge regardless of boundaries.
- Integrity: We believe in practicing the highest ethical principles in our research, education, and professional lives. We act with honesty, integrity, and professionalism. We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and inactions.
- Inclusiveness: We actively promote equal opportunity, treatment, and access for all. We celebrate and value diversity and strive to ensure that all voices are heard.
- Impact: We seek to make the world a better place by being responsible, relevant, and forward looking in our research, education, and professional activities. We believe both science and education should be in the service of society. We lead by transcending the boundaries of academic disciplines and managerial functions.