AIB Fellow - Bernard Ramanantsoa
Bernard Ramanantsoa holds an Engineering degree from the "Ecole Supérieure d'Aéronautique de Toulouse," valedictorian of the Class of 1971. Valedictorian of the MBA graduating class of HEC in 1976, he obtained a Post-graduate DEA degree in sociology in 1987 and also a Ph.D. in management sciences from Paris-Dauphine University in 1991, and a further DEA in the history of philosophy from Paris-1 University in 1993.
He is Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur and Officier dans l’Ordre National du Mérite.
Initially lecturer at the "Ecole Supérieure d'Aéronautique" in 1971 and 1972, he became head of the Marketing Division, "Grandes Lignes" for the SNCF in 1972.
A specialist on ethics and culture in the business place and himself advocate of an open-minded approach and a multi-cultural scope in the corporate world, he joined the HEC faculty in 1979 as professor of Business Strategy. Since 1995 he has been head of HEC School of Management. He has lead the institution in their strides towards a decidedly international dimension, as well as added the CPA to the HEC label.
Very active in the scientific and professional community, Bernard Ramanantsoa is:
- Member of the Committee of the "Conférence des Grandes Ecoles"
- Member of the Board of the HEC Foundation
- Member of the French government’s Foreign Affairs Council
- Administrator of ANVIE
- Member of the ‘’Conseil Perfectionnement de l’Ecole Navale‘’
- Member of the ‘’Conseil de Perfectionnement de l’Ecole Spéciale Militaire de Saint-Cyr’’
- Member of the CEIBS Academic Council
- Former Chairman of the CEMS
- Former Member of the Board of the "Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Aéronautique"
- Former Member of the Evaluation Committee of Management Programs and Degrees for the French Ministry of Education
Bernard Ramanantsoa is an Honorary Fellow of the Academy of International Business as the recipient of the 2013 AIB Fellows International Educator of the Year Award.
Last Updated: July 2013